oneblog42

Monday, February 26, 2007

Crying Out For Consistency

I wrote this in an email to Elsa but I thought I'd share it with the blogging world too:

"My life lacks consistency and it’s funny because for my entire life I have been the biggest creature of habit ever. I always feared change because I never want to stand out never wanted to be noticed. Wore the same kind of clothes to school everyday because it was comfortable. Now I feel like I change day to day. How I dress, when I eat, when I sleep. I’m always changing I couldn’t tell you why but I feel like I am. I’m still the same person at the core my skin changes everyday. My life lacks consistency which is often fun but often frustrating. I am a drifter in my own life weaving tapestries at random then praying they turn out how I dreamed. Don’t get me wrong I don’t change for the sake of attention I change because I’ve learned not to care. I’ve learned that things that seem blatantly obvious to myself are deeply hidden from those around me. I have grown up. I have changed. I love that. I wonder what I used to think I would turn out like. I wonder if the me of four years ago would even recognize the me of today. I think he probably would I think today was always in yesterday somewhere. I used to spend hours daydreaming to keep myself from ever being me. Dreaming of superheroes and athletes rather then being myself. I think I am me now. For the most part."

On another note:

It's weird I had to write about a book that I never really read for class and yet somehow four pages later I found myself still having more to say about it. Even though I only read a few chapters it still apparently had some kind of affect on me. That is mostly just a random thought. Later.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ma'am Gallahad said...

"Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ, and be found in him...
not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus...
this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus...
I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."

a message from the apostle Paul, which your comments on the paradox of being able to change because you have learned not to care and to be yourself reminded me of.

congratulations on becoming yourself.

4:09 PM  
Blogger Ma'am Gallahad said...

oh, and that quote you will find spread through Philippians 3 & 4

4:10 PM  
Blogger Daniel said...

I have a lot to say on the issue of change, but I don't have time to say it write now because Elsa's probably waiting outside the school for me now.

She just called.

7:13 PM  
Blogger tag said...

And today I will trust You with the confidence of a man who's never known defeat and try my best to just forget that that man isn't me.

Oh, and I just bought a superhero shirt a few hours ago. Guess who I am is still who I've been.

11:52 PM  
Blogger itshouldbsummer said...

i think we are always me. me is thankfully not a fixed state. the me of the past was just as real as the me of the present is, and the me of me now is made up off all the mees that have gone before, one not more or less important than another. though i sometimes find change to be frustrating, i'm sure as a whole it's essential to life. and remember...

life is good

12:55 AM  
Blogger Ma'am Gallahad said...

boog si efil?

um...lol..."we are always me." quotes page

1:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home